zaterdag 24 mei 2014

Trip to LONDON!


Still being very tired from lack of sleep and a busy schedule during the last four days, I decided to write down my experience. For the record, I've been to London with school for four days (Tuesday until Friday.)
Why London? In fourth grade the school organises city trips. London is one of the three (Berlin, Paris and London.) These are big cities relatively nearby and because I don't have German and French as extra language, I went to London.
It was a fantastic trip, very well organised I have to say. This next to the fact that we had a lot of free time, which gave me much time to go shopping and discover London my own. I spent my five hours of free time on Oxford Street with a group of friends, bought a new bag and a shirt and then went back to Leicester square where we had to meet the group again. My intension was to go to Harrods too, but we failed to have enough time left from our free hours. So, that will be on my list when I visit London next time.
London is a huge city. We walked many miles every day, although we used the underground/tube/metro a lot, to get to see all of the main points of London like the Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Tower of London. But also a few museums like the Natural History and the science museum. Those two were way too big for us to see in the few hours we had for it. So, I'll come back for that too.

The nights we spent in a Hostel near Shepherd's Bush. I can really recommend that hostel to everyone who wants to discover London, because it is located very near to a underground station, so you can be in the center of London in like fifteen minutes. The people working there were just friendly but especially the other guests were very nice, funny and sociable from all over the world.

Anyways, the nights were vivacious. In the meaning that we barely slept and had a lot of fun. In three nights I slept, and I think I can speak for most of them, for only about fourteen hours in comparison to the usual twenty-four hours. With during the last night only two hours which was compared to some others (who were up all night)very much.
 Yet, this didn't stop us from having lots of fun and have funny moments all over the place.

In short, I had a memorable time in a beautiful city.

1 opmerking:

  1. Nice to read that you have enjoyed yourself Saskia! You should definately go back because you have only scraped the surface.....Minor errors and considering your lack of sleep reasonably well written.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen